Can Droid Scan save a business card to contacts?

Frequently asked questions

Can Droid Scan save a business card to contacts?

Postby droid scan dev » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:32 am

Q:

I downloaded Droid Scan Lite because I was hoping to scan a bunch of business cards and add the contact data to my phone's contact database, but I can't figure out how to do that. Is it possible?

A:

Yes. You need one additional piece of (free) software: "Google Goggles," published by Google, Inc. Once you install Goggles and accept the license agreement*, a new option will appear on the "Share JPEG via" menu in the Droid Scan scan viewer screen: "Goggles."

To add a scanned business card to the contacts database, select this option and wait a second while Goggles analyzes the scan. If there is clean and readable text on the business card, Goggles will present a "Text" option beneath the image which you should click on to add the business card to your contacts. You can also dial a phone number directly from this screen, which may be more convenient in some cases.

*If you try to use Goggles directly from Droid Scan without first running Goggles and accepting the license agreement, it may never finish analyzing your scan.
droid scan dev

Return to FAQ