I bought the pro version of Droid Scan expecting the scans to be PDF files, but they are JPEG files. Where are the PDF scans that are mentioned in the app description?
Scans are stored internally as JPEG files in all versions of Droid Scan. The PDF feature that is one of the upgrades you get with the pro version, uses "on-demand" PDF creation, meaning that a PDF file is generated from any group of scans you select at the moment you request to share it with some external app.
1. In the scan viewer, tap the scans you want to share.
2. From the action buttons, select the "PDF" button with the share icon.
3. From the screen that appears, select the external app you want to share the scan with.
4. If you don't see the app you need on the abbreviated list, tap the search icon to get a complete list.
- You can quickly select all scans by long-pressing on any scan
- Any PDF file you create using this method is stored on the SD card in the "Droid Scan Extras" folder.
- You can move these PDF files and rename them using the built-in "Export to SD card" feature.
*These instructions have been updated for DS 5.3+. Please make sure you are using the latest version of the app.