Here is how to get the limited beta of Droid Scan:
0. YOU NEED AN INVITE BEFORE ANY OF THIS WILL WORK.
1. You will have to modify your settings to allow installs from
"Unknown sources" (contact us for assistance if any of this is
2. Download the Beta Manager from the beta tester's page
(droidscan.com/beta/), and then click on the downloaded file to
install and run it.
3. Click "Authorize," then follow the process to send an email to
droidscan.com with your unique auth code (use gmail to send the email
if you are given more than one choice; don't modify the email, just
send it as is). Make a note of the auth code, you can use it later to
log on the web site.
4. Allow at least ten minutes for your email to be processed.
5. Run the app again, click "Get Beta", and select "Download"
to get a copy of the Droid Scan limited beta from our server.
6. If the download succeeds, you can click on the downloaded file and
use the Android app installer to install it (did you remember to modify
your settings to allow installs from "Unknown sources?")
7. If the download fails more than three times over a period of 15
minutes or so, let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org).