Please change the manual edge selection

This is the place for anyone to post. Please keep the discussion on topic.

Please change the manual edge selection

Postby droid scan dev » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:50 am

[ This is a paraphrase of some requests sent to the support email. Additional comments are welcome: ]

Please consider bringing back the previous corner selection method! The new method does not support the track pad on my [ insert device name here ].
droid scan dev

Re: Please change the manual edge selection

Postby droid scan dev » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:04 am

We have had a few requests like this so we are taking another look at edge selection, but in the internal testing that has been done the new method works so much better that we don't want to make changes that will degrade the UI for a silent majority of users who are happy with the way it is now.

First, some things you might not know about the current edge selection:

(1) Touch screens can become twitchy when the device is connected via USB to a desktop PC or a power source. If you are using edge selection in this configuration, try disconnecting.

(2) The new edge select UI supports both fine and coarse adjust. To use coarse adjust, start your gesture a little farther from the corner you want to move; to use fine adjust, place your finger directly on top of the corner, and use the magnify view in the top left of the screen to watch the changes.

(3) There is a known issue with the magnify view disappearing near the edge of the screen; there is a fix already checked in which will appear in the next minor update.

(4) We have had a few reports about problems with track pads on various devices, but none of them have been reproduced internally. If your device has a track pad and it is not working optimally, you can post a message here or send email to the support address with as much detail as possible.

That being said, your additional comments are welcome. Thanks.
droid scan dev

Postby beliving » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:19 am

Thank you for your post. I have a Samsung Moment, and Droidscan does not respond to the optical trackpad. If the magnification window did not disappear, I would be perfectly happy with the current corner selection method. However, since it goes blank, I have to use the main window. When using the main window, I can't cover the corner with my thumb, and I end up accidentally selecting a different corner when making adjustments. This has been frustrating.

If the magnification window was fixed, that would be great. Or, support for optical trackpad would be good. Alternatively, I would like the previous corner selection method, so that I can make adjustments easily.

I've seen other scanning apps on the market, there's even another one that touts perspective correction, but I think Droidscan is the best. Thanks for your hard work.
beliving

Postby beliving » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:15 pm

Wonderful update to edge selection! I thanks so much for the great service. You are making an awesome product. Except, I noticed that the scans are forced to "square" and I no longer have the opportunity to make it "letter" or "legal" or leave the original scan dimensions. I really hope that this feature comes back. I scan both papers as well as receipts. Thanks a bunch.
beliving

Postby droid scan dev » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:21 am

Enhances and bug fixes for edge select are added in the release announced here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=49

Thanks for the feedback. Adding some user control over automatic shape detect is a good candidate for a future release, no announced date yet.
droid scan dev

Return to Open forum