How do I use Evernote?

This is the place for anyone to post. Please keep the discussion on topic.

How do I use Evernote?

Postby droid scan dev » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:28 pm

Q:

I would like to upload a scan to my Evernote account. Can I do that with Droid Scan?

A:

Yes. The first step is to install the free Evernote Android application. Once you have done that, you can upload a scan to Evernote right from Droid Scan using the following steps:

1. Select the scan you would like to upload.
2. Tap the "JPEG" or "PDF" button*.
3. From the dialog that appears, select "Evernote."

* PDF creation is a Pro-level feature.

Q:

What about uploading multiple scans in a group?

A:

This feature is supported with some limitations:

1. You can upload multiple scans as a single multi-page PDF file. Evernote does not support text recognition and search within these PDF files.

2. You can upload scans one at a time as JPEG files. This provides the best support for OCR and search within Evernote.

3. You can upload multiple JPEGs all at once. Droid Scan supports this feature by combining the JPEGs into a ZIP file, however Evernote will not automatically unzip the upload or enable text recognition and search within it.

4. We currently don't support one-click upload of multiple, individual JPEG files but we know it is a desirable feature and it is on the Droid Scan wish list.
droid scan dev

Re: How do I use Evernote?

Postby droid scan dev » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:55 am

The limitations mentioned above are removed with the addition of intelligent JPEG sharing in Droid Scan 5.4.3. You can now simply:
1. Select a group of scans,
2. Choose Share JPEG,
3. Choose Evernote

... and instantly share a group of scanned JPEGs with Evernote in a way that supports OCR and search on each scan.

Read the announcement here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=317
droid scan dev

Return to Open forum